This project is meant to function as a catalyst for future work in the area of Hip Hop Gaming. Some areas/questions that can be tackled and analyzed are:
– Does Hip Hop Gaming shift current thought on Video Gaming in general?
– Can/Does Hip Hop Gaming work as a counter-hegemonic force?
– Does Hip Hop Gaming lead to a negative image of Hip Hop culture, and indirectly to African American culture?
– Why is violence central to the Hip Hop gaming ethos?
– If violence is central to video gaming in general, what does this add to the discussion of violence in Hip Hop Gaming?
– Why are there not more games that focus on “positive” aspects of Hip Hop culture?